Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Funny Valentine Day

Greetings,

Is there a more appropriate way to express LOVE than "Jazz in film/film on Jazz" pod clips featuring various homemade performances of My Funny Valentine?  Can you believe My Funny Valentine is a show tune from the 1937 Rogers and Hart musical Babes in Arms, appearing on over 1300 albums performed by over 600 artists!

Check 'em out!






 

And Chris Botti featuring Sting on the classic tune.

See if you can count the number of time this songs has been featured in "Jazz in film/film on Jazz" and let me know.

"brokenears"
http://jazzfilmmovies.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. When in Paris, don't miss this jazz band and pianist, and their nice "Jazz and Cinema" performance...
    see www.myspace.com/olivierleger

    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings,

    You seem to find "Jazz in film/film on Jazz" is quite interesting.

    I have no idea how or when I would travel to Paris, but I am sure I can examine your link. It appears that the site has many items that will provide me with more info for this blog.

    I will attempt to create a post for your ideas. Check back from time to time and let me know what you think about the details.

    "brokenears"

    ReplyDelete